Effective May 1, 2018, the pre-certification service previously offered by RADCON Pre-Cert Solutions will now be operated by Atlantic Medical Imaging. The service will cover pre-authorization requests for computed tomography (CT), computed tomography angiography (CTA), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) and nuclear medicine studies. The pre-authorization service will be free of charge and made available on an equal basis to all patients and referring physicians using Atlantic Medical Imaging’s services.
Our authorization specialists will work on your request, coordinate all requirements with the insurance companies, complete all follow-up and send results immediately back to you. We will also schedule your patients at an Atlantic Medical Imaging location that is convenient for them.
Our goal is to provide high-quality insurance authorization services, while reducing the time consuming administrative work involved in obtaining insurance authorizations for your patients.
HOW TO GET STARTED
You will need to register for the pre-authorization service by faxing the completed Designation Form, Clinician Roster and Business Associates Agreement to Atlantic Medical Imaging at (609) 653-8764. If you have additional questions, please contact us at (855) 677-9729.
Once you are registered with Atlantic Medical Imaging, you can begin to submit your pre-authorization requests:
1) Complete the diagnostic imaging pre-authorization request form.
2) Fax the completed form along with the clinical documentation to (855) 677-9783. Please keep in mind that all clinical information should be completed on the form, clearly and concisely.
3) Our authorization specialist will verify that the documentation is complete. If additional information is required or the form is not complete, we will contact you for the necessary information. Please note that it may also be necessary to contact you for your assistance in interpreting some of the clinical notes.
4) The authorization specialist will then coordinate the authorization approval with the insurer.
5) Once approved, the authorization results will be sent to your office and we will contact the patient to schedule their appointment at an Atlantic Medical Imaging location that is convenient for them.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (609) 652-8316.